Thursday, July 11, 2013

27 Weeks

27 weeks! Whoop! Next week I'll have my glucose test to scan for Gestational Diabetes and I'll also have my 3D ultrasound! At least that gives me one thing to look forward to out of the appointment. This is going to be closest I will come to "seeing" Grayson before he is born. I'm very excited but also a little nervous! Don't ask me why. I guess I'm just worried that the quality won't be as good as I'm expecting and I'll be disappointed. Or maybe that he'll still look kind of skeleton-like and I'll worry that he's not growing enough. But hopefully I'll just be in awe and more in love with him than I already am! :)


I keep telling myself that one of these days we'll take the time to find a better picture location and stop taking them in a rush as we're walking out the door for work. But...it just never happens! ha!

+ I don't know if I would call this a craving, but I've been loving sweet tea during this pregnancy. I started drinking it instead of Diet Coke when I just wanted something other than water or juice and needed a little caffeine kick, and now I find myself wanting it randomly throughout the day. I also want just about any kind of sweets at any given moment, but I'm pretty good about only indulging once a day. In my mind, dessert is always allowed! :)
+ Walking around just isn't the same! I wouldn't say it's hard to walk, it's just noticeably more effort. I tend to get cramps (like the kind you get in your side from running) more easily and I'm out of breath more easily. It's nothing alarming. I'm just not used to having this extra weight in front of me!
+ Sitting for long periods of time really kills my back! Yesterday I thought I would never make it through the work day. I had to take several breaks to walk around and do some squats and lunges to loosen up!
+ People are definitely comfortable commenting on my pregnancy now that it's pretty darn obvious. We have weekly watermelon cuttings on campus during July every year and yesterday while I was eating my slice, a random man came up and asked if my baby liked watermelon. ha! 
+ Surprisingly not that many people have touched my stomach. Most who do usually ask first. I always say yes. It doesn't bother me at all. Though it probably would if a random stranger did it.
+ I don't think I have much else to report since a few days ago when I last posted bump pictures! Just getting more and more excited about meeting Baby Grayson. I've been reading natural birth stories online and have started really visualizing what the day might look like. People ask me if I'm scared and I'm honestly not. Not yet anyway! I'm mostly just excited and curious. 

Hope you're all having a fabulous week!
~Christy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...