Thursday, July 18, 2013

28 Weeks

I am officially in my 3rd trimester, by everyone's standards! Woohoo!


Baby Grayson-
+ we had our 3D ultrasound yesterday and I got to see my sweet baby! 
+ He weighs a whopping 3 pounds, almost 2 whole weeks ahead of "schedule." This puts him in the 76th percentile for size and weight. The u/s tech said to expect him to be around 8 pounds at birth. We shall see! Scott was 10 pounds so I'm hoping he does get THAT big!
+ He has nice, long legs. Perfect for stretching out and kicking mommy! 
+ I not only feel him moving throughout the day, but I can SEE his movements. So crazy!
+ Scott felt him kick for the first time a few weeks ago, but he is still surprised whenever he happens to catch a really strong kick! Grayson is still stubborn and doesn't like to move on command. :)
+ He already has hair on his head, and may have a head-full by the time he's born.
+ during the u/s, he started opening and closing his cute little mouth...likely tasting the sugary stuff I had to drink for the glucose test. It was the cutest thing! 

Me-
+ I won't know anything about the glucose test for a while. But no news is good news as they're only going to call if the test is abnormal.
+ The Dr said my weight gain is perfect and I am right on track
+ the u/s tech commented that my belly looked a little small for 28 weeks, but that it's probably because I have a long torso. She also said baby size has nothing to do with belly size. Big babies come from small bellies all the time, and vice versa. 
+ Still experiencing quite a bit of back pain. Stretching and exercise seems to help, but it's still pretty unpleasant.
+ Sleeping is more challenging due to achy muscles, crazy Charlie Horse type calf cramps, having to pee, and weird, stressful dreams. I still manage to get a full night's sleep, but I don't always feel very rested.
+ It's harder to make it through the work week without feeling exhausted. I really rely on the weekends to catch up on sleep and rest.
+ I've started experiencing some pretty bad hot flashes from time to time, and shortness of breath. The doctor assured me all this is normal. He said in about a month the baby will drop and I'll be able to breathe regularly again. Of course then walking will be more challenging! ha!
+ no new cravings other than sweets and sweet tea. Sometimes I really want fast food, but it's something we eat so rarely, I don't even really consider it an option. So the temptation doesn't last long.

I think that's about it for my preggo updates! 
I'll be continuing my pregnancy must-haves series soon! I've got them all planned out; just have to actually write them!

~Christy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...