Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Baby Fever

Source: etsy.com via Severina on Pinterest

I had such a wonderful weekend spending time with my dear ol' Dad and celebrating his birthday. On the way up I may have stopped at Tanger Outlets and bought a pair of jeans. What? I wanted some new jeans and there aren't good places to buy pants in Statesboro. Don't judge me! :) I am very pleased to report that I bought a SIZE 6! I haven't been in a size 6 in years! I was thrilled. They are a little tight in the legs, but they actually fit my waist which is more than I can say for any other pair of pants I own right now. And I wanted them to be tight enough to wear with boots. They are technically boot cut, even though I was looking for straight leg or skinny, but I think they're tight enough to pull off as such. Okay, so this has nothing to do with the title of this post. Moving on...

Once I got to my dad's, I had a great time just hanging out. We had amazing Mexican food for dinner and then watched an obscene amount of Two and a Half Men. The next day we went to my Grandparents' house for my dad's birthday lunch. Now here is where the title becomes relevant... There were 4 little kids there, running around, being adorable. My nieces Kyli and Keirra were among the cuteness. I made sure to snuggle up with them as much as possible. Kyli cracked me up when I asked who is her uncle who is usually with me. She responded, "Uncle SCAR!" (Lion King reference) I started laughing and she said, "NO! Uncle Scar is NOT NICE! Uncle SCOTT is nice!" haha! I love her! :) I have some pictures to share, though none of them are that terrific because none of the kids would sit still long enough to let me get a good shot. My pictures are on my home computer so I'll have to share those later. Sorry!

Anyway! I kept thinking that hopefully soon there will be five little ones running around when we get together at my Grandparents' house. I can't wait to add our own little one to the mix! I was thinking about how exciting it'll be to visit family members when I know they are all dying to see our baby. I think for the first time I really feel ready. Sunday night I took my first birth control pill in my LAST PACK of pills. Then...whatever happens will happen! It was pretty exciting.

I've always known that I want to have children, but the plan has always been to wait until I am done with school. And while there have been times that I wished I could hurry up and have one, I've usually been quite content to wait it out. I love having the alone time with my husband, doing fun things like cruises, and being able to just hop in the car and do whatever we feel like without having to consider feeding time or nap time, and without lugging around 100 pounds of diaper bag and a stroller. But now...I think I'm ready for all that.

I mean, you're never really ready. Right? Even when I'm in the midst of all of it I won't really be ready. But I think I'm up for the challenge. Right now the scariest part is finances. People always tell you never to wait until you're financially ready because you will be waiting forever. But with bills like our mortgage, car payment, and student loan payments, we will be paying more each month than we're previously used to already. And if there is a chance I won't go back to work right away after having the baby, that means even less income. I haven't made up my mind about that yet. And I honestly probably won't until I have the baby. Because I don't think I'll really know how I'm going to feel about going back to work until I'm right there feeling it.

My point is, I guess, I feel really ready to start trying for babies soon (like, mid-November soon!), but I'm nervous about money. And Scott tends to get really stressed about it. I mean, really stressed. I don't want the decision to be a stressful one. I want to be excited. But I guess most people probably feel this way, huh? Here's to trusting that it will all work, in the name of Jesus! :)

~Christy

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a wonderful thing to do Christy! I know that yall would make wonderful parents. And in the mist of it all with the worry of finances, etc. that little bundle of joy is like nun other and will bring you closer then you ever imagined and all those financial things will all work themselves out trust me I've been there! But they are well worth it all. Just leave it in God's hands and like you said what happens.... happens...... only God will make that right decision as you know :) Good Luck and I'm soooo very excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You joined the "We're-not-really-trying-trusting-God-but-sort-of-really-gosh-darn-excited" club!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...