Friday, October 5, 2012

Back to the gym!




Well, I did it! I went to the gym yesterday. This may not seem like a big accomplishment, but I have not legitimately worked out (other than the effort it takes to move heavy boxes and furniture and work in the yard all day long) in THREE months! Yes, three! And I haven't been to the gym in longer than that. Over the summer I did not have a gym membership, but I was still consistently working out with good ol' Jillian Michaels. Even on our two vacations over the summer, I worked out several times.

But once the house drama set in, and then we moved, and then moved again, I basically just stopped doing normal things. Like working out.

And now, my friends, I am happy to say that I had an awesome workout yesterday and I've got my gym bag packed for another one after work today! :) It's all about making the time, even when it feels like there isn't enough. And then not allowing that feeling of no time to zap my motivation. I'm hoping that I keep up the practice until it becomes a habit again. Scott is on board too, which helps. Of course he has been doing at least one workout a week this whole time, but he is ready to get back to 3-4 a week at least.

I'm a little sore today, but I feel ready to conquer another workout, and I feel closer to losing those three pounds before my birthday (which, by the way, is technically five pounds because I gained another one this week! Drat! Well, we'll see how it goes!!)

Happy Friday, and enjoy your weekends!

~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...