Monday, October 22, 2012

The Weekend that I did Absolutely Nothing

These types of weekends are so rare and hard to come by. But to be honest, I would kind of hate it if they weren't. I would be so bored. And fat.

But when I'm usually running around, traveling to see family, working in the yard, cleaning the house, running errands, doing chores, visiting friends, or working on homework, it's pure bliss to have a full weekend with absolutely no definite plans. It was one of those weekends where Scott and I could have easily stayed in our PJs for most of it. We did get dressed both days, though.

We ate our weight in sugar, and I felt sick to my stomach most of the time. As soon as I felt somewhat normal again, I resumed eating candy, ice cream, pie, or sugary pumpkin spice coffee. We laid on the couch and watched movies and TV shows and basically only got up to get more food. It was kind of like an extended Thanksgiving but with less hustle and bustle. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but was happy to get up this morning and go to work again, eat a healthy breakfast, and pack a gym bag. Lord knows I need it after all that junk food!

This weekend we watched a mixture of creepy movies to celebrate upcoming Halloween and other movies to keep us from having nightmares:

Red Riding Hood (we saw it in the theater the first time and felt it was a good movie to re-watch in the spirit of Halloween)
Take Me Home Tonight (blah, don't bother)
Fatal Attraction (neither of us had seen it before, believe it or not! Definitely a good thriller for October!)
Case 39 (creepy, but not too scary)
Little Bit of Heaven (kind of depressing, but good)
Cider House Rules (really good, though it was a little slow and I may have dozed off for about 10 minutes at one point)

Yes, that is a lot of movies. We also watched a lot of Raising Hope. :) I love that show. It's hilarious, but I would watch it regardless just to see that adorable baby. If I didn't have baby fever before, I would have it just from watching this show. As Scott said last night, "If our baby is half that cute we're not going to do anything with our lives but sit around and look at it!" ha! So true.

And while I don't have any pictures of us just laying around shoving food into our faces (you're welcome), I do have some pictures to share from last weekend. Enjoy! :)

Me and my niece Keirra...I basically posted this picture to show off my size 6 jeans! ;)

Kyli...she loves that big kitty! :)

How cute is she??

Look at the camera!

Me and the girls!

My niece Keirra and my second cousin Levi

Me and Kyli

Keirra chasing Kyli for a hug! Oh, sisters! :)

Look at that half smile! She kills me!

ha!

My second cousin Maggie

Maggie and Kyli

Me, Kyli, my step-mom Cathie, and my Grandma

Cute little Maggie! 

Daddy and Kyli

Keirra
Hope you all had an awesome weekend, too! :)

~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...