Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy October 1st + Weekend Review

Source: via Amanda on Pinterest

Yes, this is my obligatory annual post about autumn, my favorite season. I know the first day of autumn was a couple weeks ago, but I usually think of October as starting off the new season. I have my pumpkin spice creamer and have been drinking coffee much more frequently because of it. We have all the plug-ins and candles that smell of pumpkin, apples, leaves, and other such spicy goodness. We have flowers of yellow, orange, and red on the table. I'm thinking about Halloween costumes (any ideas?) and we will be breaking out the silly crafts of ghosts and spiders soon. I'm also trying to figure out how I can wear any of my boots to work when all I'm allowed to wear to the office are dress slacks or nice skirts. I may just have to relish the skinny jeans and boots on the weekends.



My mom and Pop Pop (her husband Mike...that is what we call him...only half jokingly. Our children will absolutely call him that for real!) came and spent the weekend with us at our house. This is the first time they have visited without it being a special occasion (read: our wedding). Unfortunately Mike wasn't feeling very well and there wasn't much going on in town other than the Georgia Southern game (I'm not a big football person). So, we spent the whole time just hanging out at home. But it was nice. You don't really need a big event to enjoy being with family, right? Right! We had coffee and delicious (fattening) food, we played Apples to Apples, watched movies, and just hung out and chatted. I was sorry they had to leave so early on Sunday and missed out on us leading worship at church, but was really glad they came to see us and the new house. :)

Leading worship this week was really awesome. I usually only do it once a month because I also serve in the nursery some weeks and then we try to take a couple weeks off from serving so we can just attend church or travel. Therefore I'm not as comfortable or confident as some of the other band members. But I'm finding that each time I do it I become more confident. I have plenty of experience singing in front of others, but not with a live band. It's usually karaoke or as part of a chorus. But I'm starting to come into my own, and it's really fun! We had some technical difficulties with the mics in the first song, but by the second song things were going great. I even had one of the volunteers compliment me on my singing and how I was "a natural" and didn't seem nervous at all. I commented on the technical difficulties and she said she didn't even notice. That was a relief! It's so easy to be hyper judgmental of what we do and really hard on ourselves. The truth is most of the time no one notices (especially not the kids) and what we're doing is for GOD anyway, so we should be giving Him glory rather than criticizing ourselves. I'm learning to do this more and more.

Happy October 1st everyone, and happy Monday! Hope your week and your month is off to a GREAT start! :)

~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...