Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Poor Meredith Grey



I stayed home sick yesterday with a very sore throat and an ear ache. Despite my goals to read more often, I decided that even turning the pages was too much work, so I watched about five episodes of Grey's Anatomy online! I stopped watching about halfway through last season, but now I am all caught up (though I think I still missed a couple episodes in the middle).

And I got to thinking...if half of the awful things that happen to these fictional characters in these TV dramas actually happened to someone in real life...wow! Life would hardly seem worth living! This is true of all TV dramas. Poor Kelly Taylor in the original 90210 was sexually assaulted, had a drug addict mother, an absent father, she survived a fire, she overcame being a drug addict herself, and she somehow ended up with amnesia later on (I haven't actually seen all those episodes yet) (yes, I love original 90210!).

And poor, poor Meredith Grey! She has survived a bomb, a shooting, and a plan crash! Her marriage has almost fallen apart countless times. Her friend was hit by a bus, her sister died in the plan crash, her mother had Alzheimer's and was really mean when she was lucid, her father was absent from her life  (but not her sister's), she almost lost her baby in the adoption process, and the list goes on and on! I guess that's what makes it entertaining and why we keep watching. Well, at least she gets to look fabulous while saving lives. :)

~Christy

1 comment:

  1. Haha, this is so true. All of the awful things that have happened over the past few years...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...