Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back on Track

Remember how I was trying to lose weight? How I wanted to lose 10 pounds in 2 months, I did that, and then I wanted to do it again? Well, as you've probably guessed since I stopped blogging about it, I never did lose 10 more pounds. I never did lose another pound at all. In fact, I've gained some of those original 10 pounds back. :(

Well, I'm ready to get back on track! I don't want all that hard work to just disappear! According to Wii Fit, my ideal weight is around 140 pounds. I currently weigh about 154. At the start of the year I weighed 162. I don't know if I necessarily want to set a weight-loss goal. I want to be healthier all around, and I mostly just want to look better. I'm not as concerned with the number on the scale, as I am the size of my clothes, and how I feel wearing them. And I how I feel not wearing them.

I always say my butt is the first grow and last to go. And it is true! My midsection is what needs the most work. But I also want to tone my arms a bit. And when I lose weight, my face looks slimmer, which I like. I have had big cheeks since I was born. So...I guess maybe both sets of cheeks are first to grow last to go? haha!

I'm not big on dieting or cutting out all the foods I love. Because I know I'm not going to stick to that. It's a recipe for disaster. So, instead I want to continue trying healthier options for snacks and meals. I'm not going to make super low calorie cookies that taste like beans (b/c they're made from beans...). If I want a cookie, I'll have one. Fat, calories, sugar and all. But I'm trying to incorporate more healthy options into my diet. I bought a pack of cottage cheese with pineapples and it was delish. I've been eating lots of spinach salads, which I make tasty by adding cut up strawberries or oranges. So, more stuff like that. I don't expect to lose a ton of weight without making really big changes and sacrifices, but at some point enjoying my food is actually more important to me than losing weight. I have to consider that when I set goals.

I've also started writing down what I eat each day in my Fitness Journal. I'm not counting calories or anything, but there's something about that accountability of having to write down what I eat that really seems to work for me. I'm not even sharing it with anyone, but I have actually made some choices this week to not eat something unhealthy because "I don't want to have to write that down." Also, if I struggle to lose weight, I can look back through my diet and see what might be the cause. It can help me realize what the real problems might be.

I'm also writing down any exercises and workouts I do during each day. In a similar way, I feel motivated to do more so that I can have the satisfaction of writing it down. Silly, I know. But hey, it seems to work! My gym membership expired this week, and I can't afford to renew just yet. I might be able to in the next few weeks or so. Until then, I'm trying to do as much as I can at home. It's challenging because I live out in the country where there isn't anywhere to walk or ride a bike or anything outside. Plus, it's way too hot to be out there. So, I have to find things to do in my house. Not only that I can do, but things I know I will do. There are plenty of exercises that can be done on any floor space, but I'm not disciplined enough to actually do them.

I've been using my Wii Fit and playing Just Dance 2 more often. I also just got Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred in the mail. Thanks, Alycia for recommending it!! I plan to start it today. I'm a little scared, but I'm also excited. I know I won't do it every day for 30 days. I just won't. Some days I need to rest. Some weekends I travel and it isn't realistic. And every Tues & Weds I leave for work at 7:30 AM and don't get home from class until 8 PM. Then I eat dinner with my husband and have time for maybe one TV show and then we head to bed. (yes, we get ready for bed at like 9) So, I'm not going to work out on those two days. I just don't have time. But I plan to do it for 30 days total. We'll see how it goes!

Wish me luck! I plan to weigh in on Fridays, like I used to. So, I'll keep y'all updated. I think I will also take my measurements because that can often be more accurate than weight anyway, especially if I'm building a lot of muscle.

Thanks for the support!
~Christy~


3 comments:

  1. Good luck! And I just loooove your new design! That photo is precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck girl!! I know you can do it!
    And I love you're way of going about it. Yes its extremely important to eat healthy but I think its just as important to allow yourself treats..real treats. And working out is the most important. Yes it makes you look good, but it also makes you feel good. The days that I do workout I'm more awake and alert, I'm in a much happier mood, and I just feel better about myself. It'll take you a few weeks to figure out you're routine for working out but once you do, you'll LOVE it!
    Oh and I'm loving the 30 day shred :) I also run and do spin classes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I wish you luck but I am not sure how you could loose any more skinny minny! And BTW I didn't know you had a blog! I dig it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...