Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Halloween...

I know it's early. But I'm already thinking about Halloween costumes for this year.
It's never too early to start brainstorming.
Because I'm not the type to purchase a costume.
I like to make them.
And I like to be creative.
And for the past two years, Scott and I have had couples costumes.
And not just the generic kind.
You know... cowboys, hippies, biker couple, etc...
We like to dress as real characters or people. 
It's more fun that way! :)

So, I'm open for ideas! 
What's are some good couples costumes that people will recognize?

Now, for your viewing pleasure...some of my past Halloween costumes! :)
This was freshman year of college.
We didn't decide to dress up until the night of Halloween.
We did the best with what was already in our closets.
I'm a prostitute (classy. I know.), Hayley is Batman (hence the t-shirt),
Raycheal is a...Corona monster?, and Chris is a vampire.


This was sophomore year of college.
This is my friend Christine. She and I were roommates.
These costumes were her idea.
8 ball and sunflower :)
This was senior year of college.
I actually didn't dress up for this party.
But Christine gave me her husband's shirt and a tool belt (which you can't see in the pic)
and I was a Tool Time girl! :)

This was also senior year of college.
More last minute costumes (you see why I want to start thinking early!)
Not even sure what I was supposed to be.
Just a dead girl, I guess.
That's my friend Chris again (the vampire from first picture)

Behold! Our first couple costume!
Ron & Hermione from Harry Potter :)
I made crests and sewed them onto our graduation robes.
We bought the replica wands (cool. I know).
And the rest of the stuff we either had in our closets or got at Goodwill.
Oh, this was Halloween 2009

Halloween 2010. last year.
We were Rogue and Wolverine from X-Men.
My costume was the easiest.
I bought that black, shiny shirt from Goodwill.
I wore my stretchy, dance pants with black boots over them,
and the liners to Scott's motorcycle gloves.
Oh, and I spray painted the grey streaks in my hair, of course!
Scott pretty much had all of his stuff already.
he just shaved his beard into mutton chops and made some sweet claws!
There were a couple years in there that weren't represented. My junior year of college I was Samara.
The creepy little girl from The Ring. 
I had black hair, and I pulled it all over my face.
I wore a long, white t-shirt and a white slip, smudged with brown face paint to look like mud.
I smudged the brown paint across my legs and arms.
I carried a VHS tape and walked/crawled around really creepy.
All my friends at the party were sufficiently freaked out.
Too bad only one of them took pictures 
and for some reason deleted that album from FB since. :(
Those types of costumes always make me think of Mean Girls.
When Lindsay Lohan is dressed as a Zombie bride
and all the other girls are wearing lingerie. 
Classic.

And in 2008 I didn't dress up.
No fun.

So, that's it! My costumes since 2004! Thrilling, huh? :) 
Now, let me hear it! What should we dress as this year???

1 comment:

  1. LoL! I'll give you some credit. Yours and Scott's costumes are pretty good. But you can't beat the 8 ball and the sunflower! I mean, come on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...