Monday, August 22, 2011

The Weekend Wrap-Up

Hello, all.

I don't know about you, but I had a GREAT weekend. You all know I started off my Friday in high spirits, listening to my Feel Good Playlist on Grooveshark, and being optimistic for the times to come. And my optimism paid off!

Friday Scott had to work a little late, but that night we watched Shrek Forever After and enjoyed a glass of wine. The movie was hilarious, and much improved from Shrek the Third and maybe even the second one, too. The first one is still the best, though. This one left me wanting to watch the old school Rumpelstiltskin movie. Did y'all see this when you were kids? I used to watch it over and over and OVER. I'm sure my parents loved me for it.

Saturday Scott had to work, unfortunately. But I mysteriously popped out of bed at 8 AM, which I never do...no matter how much sleep I got. I finished my book, watched several episodes of 90210 (yes, I'm still watching it! I'm afraid I'm hooked!), finished cleaning the house, worked out at home with Wii Fit and Just Dance 2, had some good quality God time (I just started reading a book called Enjoying God's Grace, and I think it's going to really open my eyes to a lot of truths I have been missing), and generally enjoyed the me time. When Scott got home we had dinner and then spent the night singing and listening to music (while Scott played along on the guitar) and playing a fun card game called Mad Gab. It's a game of word puzzles. We got it from my dad in our Christmas stocking and this was the first time we tried playing it. We were practically rolling on the floor laughing at the crazy things we were saying trying to figure out these puzzles!

Yesterday we had an awesome church service. Boy, do I love worshiping God! :) Then, we went home to cook the sauce for our spaghetti dinner and do a few chores. We live out in the country and we don't have a trash service. So, we have to load up our trash and recycling and take it to a dump or recycling center. We choose recycling center! Fortunately, there is one right down the road from our house. We also take our neighbor/land lord's trash when we go. Because we take their trash, they usually let us borrow their truck. Well, the truck is being used by the church for now, so we have been taking their car. We took the trash and as we tried to crank the car back up to leave the center, it wouldn't start. And there was a thunderstorm rolling in. We had to call our landlords and have them drive up to meet us with some jumper cables. So, that was quite the adventure! But after all that madness, we drove back to town and saw The Help. I LOVED the book, and I think I actually loved the movie just as much. It's rare that I like a movie as much as a book. I think they did a great job with it. If you haven't read the book...DO IT! If you haven't seen the movie...DO THAT TOO!! :)

Now, today I'm starting off the first week of fall classes. So, you may not see as much of me. But I shouldn't be as busy as I was over the summer. Summer classes are much more intense! I have one online class which I've already started working on (and it looks super easy so far), and 2 in-person classes. My first one is tomorrow night. I think both of those classes are going to be a CRAZY workload. So, I'm glad my online class seems easy. I'll be sure to update you after I go to my first meetings.

Hope you all had a great weekend, too!

~Christy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...