Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happy Little List

Day 14 is 10 Things That Make Me Really Happy.

{This list is in no particular order}


  1. Worshipping God through song. I love dancing/jumping, raising my arms, cheering, clapping, or, sometimes even better, being so overwhelmed that I have to stop singing because I’m choking up with tears and all I can do is bow my head and pray.
  2. Hanging out with my husband. It really doesn’t matter what we’re doing. I like the nights where we just listen to music and sing/play guitar, talk, or play games. But I also love going on adventures like camping, hiking, snorkeling, or riding thrill rides at Disney World.
Exploring Atlantis in the Bahamas

Waterfalls in the Great Smoky Mountains

Old Timey Photo in Gatlinburg :)

Just hanging out after Thanksgiving

Great Smoky Mountains
3. Holidays. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays, anniversary, Easter, 4th of July…I love them all! I love decorating the house, buying scented candles to go with the seasons, and eating and drinking whatever goes with that particular holiday (hot chocolate for Christmas and sweet tea for 4th of July…). I just love being festive and celebrating with friends and family.
Peter Pan & Wendy from Halloween 2012

Christmas decor
4. Seeing my baby on the ultrasound videos. So often in this early stage of pregnancy I feel like being pregnant is just about the symptoms and less about the actual baby I am growing. But seeing him on that screen makes my heart race and I cannot stop smiling! I can’t wait until I start to feel him move.

5. Karaoke. There is just something so freeing about singing at the top of your lungs and it being totally okay, even encouraged, if you’re not really that good!
Singing karaoke when I was an orientation leader at GSU
2006
6. Rainy nights, snuggled up on the couch with a good book or a movie with my hubby. I find the sound of rain to be so relaxing.

7. Sitting outside on a beautiful spring or fall day when it’s sunny but not quite hot. I love smelling the trees and flowers in the breeze and feeling the sun on my arms and face. It just makes life feel simpler.

8. Helping people. I love serving others. I love talking with others and really listening to them. I guess this is why I have a counseling degree! And it’s also why being an Academic Advisor will be such a great fit for me.

9. Hanging out with my best friend Hayley. We have been best friends since we were 7. Yes, that’s a really long time. Our relationship now is different but still so much the same. She is the love of my life...other than Jesus and Scott, of course! :)

Lovely, huh? This was way back in 2004
10. Animals. I love spotting wildlife and I like watching birds and squirrels hopping around in our yard. Our neighbors have ducks and I like to make quacking noises at them until they quack back. Our old neighbors had chickens and I may have done the same thing with clucking noises…and of course I love our cats and I like dogs and I even like fish. I love going to aquariums and zoos or even just watching Planet Earth. All of God’s creation never ceases to amaze and excite me!

The chickens. They were very entertaining!

Ducks!!



Freedom...our mascot :)


And these are just a few of the things that make me happy! I can't wait to read your lists! :)

~Christy~

1 comment:

  1. Love your holiday and travel pics! Your husband is such a good sport to go along with themed costumes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...