Friday, May 3, 2013

So I'm basically an uncoordinated, shy, scaredy cat...

Day 3 of the Blog Everyday in May challenge! Things that make me uncomfortable. Well here are just a FEW! (Surprisingly, I don't have many awkward pictures of me. At least not any that I've saved!)


+ Having my head underwater or getting water on my face. No, I don’t have a fear of showering or washing my face, but I don’t like being splashed or being under water. The one exception is snorkeling. And it’s barely an exception. I love it because I love seeing all the fish. But it takes me a good 10 minutes to get used to having my face under water (and I’m talking baby steps of practicing breathing from the snorkel and dipping my face in the water for a few seconds at a time until I calm down!). And there is always a chance I could freak out if conditions aren’t favorable (too many waves, strong current, or suddenly shallow water with sea urchins below me!!).
Right before snorkeling in Nassau on our 1-year anniversary cruise. May 2010.
You may not be able to tell, but that face is a mixture of excitement and terror! 
+ Small spaces, mostly because I’m afraid of running out of air. On that note, I don’t even like to have blankets over my head because I feel like I can’t get enough air. I don’t like sleeping too close to my husband because I feel like we’re sharing air and I can’t get enough of my own. I know. It’s weird.

+ I don’t think I’m really afraid of heights because I don’t mind thrill rides that involve heights and I don’t freak out on top of tall buildings or bridges or anything like that, BUT I freaked out when trying to complete a high ropes course once and had to be “rescued.” Yeah, it was embarrassing. Apparently I can’t handle heights when it also involves me doing something coordinated. Ha!
After my horrifying experience on the high ropes course. Out of a group of 25, I'm sad to say I was the only one who had to be rescued and didn't finish the course. :( I may not look terrified in this picture, but I'm smiling b/c it was OVER! Summer 2006.
+ Wearing a lot of makeup, bulky or flashy jewelry, or really high heels. I just like to keep things simple. I don’t like to draw a ton of attention to myself. And I feel too uncoordinated to wear high heels!

+ Talking to strangers. I’m a major introvert and mingling and chatting with new people is not my strong suit.

+ People who are rude, racist, hostile towards Christianity, easily angered, pessimists, and those who overreact.

+ People who are extremely outgoing. If I get to know them it might be different, but initially our personalities will clash and I’ll feel uncomfortable.

+ Being hit on.

+ Waking up in the morning…it’s so much more comfortable in bed! ;)
See what I mean? This is what happens when I try to sleep in on the weekends. My hubby makes the bed AROUND me! Thanks, babe! November 2010
+ Driving through downtown Atlanta.
Can you blame me?
And about a thousand other things! But these are the first ones to come to mind! What makes YOU uncomfortable? 
~Christy~

1 comment:

  1. I agree with so many things on your list! Snorkelling freaks me out, I can't breathe properly. I can do it once I've calmed down a bit but not under pressure. The height thing, we went to the honda center recently and were sat high up, the view down made me uncomfortable. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...