Monday, May 6, 2013

The Things I Do...




I actually wrote about this topic in one of my very first blog posts, back in 2010. I still have those same thoughts, if you would like a blast from the past! But I'll write something new for today's challenge.

Right now I don’t feel like my job is a good indicator of who I am. I would prefer not to answer “what do you do?” with my job. This is all about to change once I start my new job in June (whoop!), but I still think there are a lot of other things I do that may tell you more about me than my job. Here are just a few:

I laugh. A lot. Sometimes I laugh uncontrollably about some stupid thing I did or said that wasn’t even that funny. I’ll literally be crying and gasping for air and the more I try to stop laughing, the more it makes me want to laugh!

I pray. Everyone morning during Bible study, throughout the day during my normal activities, and before every meal. I’m not a big pray-before-bed person, though. I usually fall asleep as my head hits the pillow.

I sing. I sing along to songs I barely know and songs I don’t even like. I’m always up for karaoke, and nothing makes a road trip like singing at the top of my lungs!

I hang out with my hubby. We try to do everything together. And the best part is we never really get sick of each other. Even when we’re at work, we email back and forth throughout the day. He’s the person I share everything with. God created us to be together, and I am so thankful.



I watch a lot of Parenthood and Grey’s Anatomy on Netflix. We’re not caught up on current seasons, so please, no spoilers!

I eat too much ice cream. French Silk and Moosetracks are my favorites!

I sit around while my husband cooks and cleans, until I feel guilty enough to help him! (I do feel like we have a pretty even share of responsibilities, but he’s definitely more of a go-getter when it comes to getting things accomplished.)

I read books of all kind, both classics and what I like to call “beach books.” I love to eat my lunches outside and read during my lunch breaks. And I admit I feel like a smarty when someone asks what I’m reading and 
I tell them Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner. : )

I snuggle my cats and laugh as I watch them run around and do crazy things. They are some of the best entertainment!

And that’s just some of what I do, outside of work. What do YOU do?

~Christy~

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to get better about praying. But I have the same problem that I fall asleep if I pray at night!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...