Saturday, May 4, 2013

It's All Because of Jesus!




I feel a lot of pressure to be witty after that cat post on day 2! But Day 4 is a favorite quotation. I have to be authentic, and that means a serious post. So here goes!

“For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love, He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.” Ephesians 1:4-5

If you've been reading for a while, you know this is my salvation verse. Meaning, this is the verse I read when I suddenly realized and understood the truth about God and Jesus and Christianity. It was the day that I stopped feeling defeated and frustrated with the never-ending cycle of trying to be good enough for God and always, always falling short. Because the thing is, it’s not about being good enough. We can’t be good enough. Impossible. Good enough is perfection, and no human can be perfect, other than Jesus. So, it’s not about us.

It’s about the fact that God chose us to be holy and blameless in His sight. Meaning, no, we’re not actually blameless because we sin, but He has provided a way to cover our sin so that He only sees us as holy. How did He do that? Through Jesus Christ. It’s not about us. It’s about Jesus. He made it possible for us to be with God, both in this life and in Heaven. Because of Jesus we no longer have to go to holy tents and talk to priests who can, in turn, talk to God for us. We no longer have to sacrifice animals to be forgiven for our mistakes. Now we can go straight to God, we can acknowledge our sins to God directly, and because of Jesus’s work on the cross, we are forgiven.

Just like that.

How could I possibly talk about any other quotation when this is the one that completely changed the course of my life and my afterlife? Of course there are plenty of other awesome verses that may even state this same concept more clearly, but this is the one that did it for me, so it’s the one I featured today.
Maybe this one doesn’t do it for you, but I hope there is a verse or maybe even lyrics to a song, or a quote from a pastor or Christian author, that reminds you that God loves you and your salvation is all because of Jesus.

Be blessed!

~Christy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...