Friday, May 20, 2011

Books!

Today's challenge is my favorite book. Knowing me, I couldn't pick just one. Here are some of the BEST ones! :)

The Bible. Duh. It's the living, moving, breathing Word of God. Check it out!

Umm...if you haven't read this book (and the other 2 in the series), you need to go to the store,
online, or the library and get it.
Now.
Trust me.
It will change your life.
Yes, I know it's a Young Adult book.
It makes it even better!
Ok...maybe it won't change your life.
But you'll love it.
And recommend it to you ALL your friends!
Like I'm doing now. :)

This is one of the most inspiring and encouraging books I have EVER read!
It is faith-based, so it's great for Christians.
BUT
you don't have to be a Christian to love it.
It's about humanity.
And helping others.
This one really could change your life.

This is a classic.
I admit I had to read it in school.
But I loved it!
I couldn't stop reading.
Definitely a more challenging read than some of the others.
But it's worth it.

Okay, this book looks really scary.
And I admit it kind of is.
It's about the world after a nuclear holocaust.
Oh yeah, and the devil is running rampant.
BUT the characters are loveable.
The story is so intense you won't be able to put the book down until you've read all 900 something pages.
Yes, it's long.
But it reads quickly.
AND forgiveness and mercy play a big role.
And inner beauty.
So, even though it's scary,
you can take away some positive messages.
They shine through all the grit and gore.
Trust me.

You've all read these books, right?
I mean, I didn't even bother with the Harry Potter books.
Because you've all already read them.
And mostly b/c I couldn't pick a favorite out of all 7.
Well, Twilight is in the realm.
Books you can't stop reading.
Stories that tug on  your heart strings
make you cry
laugh
love
and throw the book across the room in frustration.
And who doesn't love a good love triangle???
PS--another reason to read The Hunger Games!!
So, that's it! I could list tons more, but I won't. These are just the ones that are my go-to suggestions for people, and the ones that have impacted me the most.

Side note #1: Our AC was fixed yesterday! Just in time for it to raise back up to the insufferable 90-something degrees. Thank you Jesus for the cold front while our AC was out, and for your perfect timing in the solution! :)

Side note #2: I discovered that I have exactly as many photo challenge posts left as there are days until our anniversary vacation time begins! Next Friday will be my last challenge, and it will also be my last day of work before having a week off to go to DISNEY WORLD!!!

In the spirit of getting hyped up...I plan to post a picture of 1 Disney attraction a day, in addition to my other photo challenge pictures.

Today I pick the most noteable landmark...Cinderella's Castle. Boy, I cannot wait to come up on this baby in just a matter of days! :)

A Dream is a wish your heart makes.... :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't read any of those except for the Bible, Twilight, and Harry Potter. (I'm an English teacher, and we suffer under the delusion that we are supposed to read every book ever written. It's a lot of pressure!) haha But the Hunger Games are definitely next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your whole list looks amazing! I can't believe I haven't read the Hunger Games yet... I am crazy I know... haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...