Monday, May 16, 2011

Insecurities

So...this challenge is a picture of my biggest insecurity. What? Only one? Ugh...I'm just glad this is a weekend post so probably not many people will read it!!

Lately I haven't been super pleased with the way I look. Even my eyes which tend to be my most fabulous quality have been tainted with dark circles. I was on a roll losing weight but seem to have plateaued or stopped trying hard enough or whatever is causing me to stop dead in my tracks at a stupid 152 pounds. And I really hate my hair these days. When it's long I want it shorter, when I cut it I wish it were longer. It's a losing battle with me lately.

But my biggest insecurities of all time are pretty much found between my cheekbones and my chin. So, that would be my nose and smile. My nose is too big, and I hate that stupid arch it makes down to my lips when I smile. My mouth is too small and my lips are too thin. And my teeth are crooked and not nearly as white as I would prefer.

That being said--I rarely have sinus problems, I have super clean and strong teeth (seriously, the dentist goes nuts over them every time), and I'm overall a fairly healthy person. No, I may not look perfect, but I'm super blessed to not have any serious problems with my body. I'll take the big nose and less than perfect looking teeth over root canals and deviated septums any day!

And I like to believe that those who know and love me see right through those flaws anyway. I know I notice things like that much less on the people I love. Love is a tad blind, after all--at least that's what I'm banking on! ;)

Make me feel better! What's YOUR biggest insecurity?? Because as I cruise through blog-land I seem to only be seeing beautiful ladies everywhere I click! But I have a feeling you all have insecurities of your own that probably no one but you is noticing. Seems to be the way it usually is, huh girls?

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend!
~Christy

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl! You don't even have to worry about your insecurities! You are gorgeous! But I know how it is...and blog land brings out my insecurities even more, I swear! My biggest insecurity right now is my FACE! Ah! I've gone through some horrible acne due to a hormone imbalance and it's just insane. The acne is pretty much cleared up now but I have so much scarring. This married, 23 yr old girl, who's never really had insecurities or self image problems (I mean not major ones) just had her world come crashing down around her. Seriously in 2 months my confidence and personlity just was GONE! My poor husband. Insecurities are the worst! And Satan definitely knows how to play on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Courtney! I know what you mean about breakouts! My husband and I both struggle with that from time to time and it's SO annoying! When I was 14 I had it really bad and I started taking birth control pills to take care of that and some other hormonal issues and it really cleared it up. Thanks for the support! :) You are beautiful so don't let Satan feed you lies, either!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...