Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 9: My Love

Day 9 is a picture of the person who has gotten you through the most. That would have to be, without a doubt, my husband. He is the sweetest, most caring, most patient, most loving person I know. When we first got together it was like culture shock. I had never dated someone like him. None of the marriages and relationships I witnessed on a regular basis were like ours. Before I met him, I was in no rush to marry. I did not believe in submitting to a man. I wanted my own money, my own success, and my own life before even beginning to include a guy into that. My husband changed all that and showed me what it meant to be in a Godly relationships with a man who loves me like Christ loves the church. And when he follows that command, it makes it effortless to follow the command of submitting to him. We are a team. We are one. And without him I certainly wouldn't be as strong as I am today. I thank God for him all the time. And I just pray that I never have a reason to remember what it's like without him in my life.

Now I'm going to post a TON of pictures of him and the two of us! :) Get ready!

Shortly after we started dating. This was my 22nd birthday. Dec. 2007.

Our 1-year dating anniversary. We went to the Meinhardt Vineyards. Sept. 2008

Jeep tour in Aruba during our honeymoon. June 2009.

Engagement Picture Dec. 2008

Camping. October 2010.

Engagement Picture. Dec. 2008.

More engagement. Dec. 2008.

Dancing at Scott's sister's wedding. June 2008.

You guessed it...engagement. Dec. 2008.

Wedding (duh) May 30, 2009

Scott's GQ pose with the towel animal on our 1-year anniversary cruise. May 2010.

Scott playing guitar at my dad's house. 2010.

Halloween 2010. We were Rogue and Wolverine from X-Men

More wedding! :)

Yay! We're married!

Chillin' at the park. October 2010.

Halloween 2009. We were Ron and Hermione from the Harry Potter series.

1-year dating anniversary. We went camping after the Vineyards. This was our "scared" face b/c this campground used to be a Civil War Imprisonment Camp

Snow! Feb. 2010.

St. Patty's Day in Savannah, GA. March 2008.

STOMP!! March 2011

He's such a stud! October 2009.

Oh, look. Another engagement picture... :)

And let's seal the deal with a kiss! Sunset on our last night of our 1-year anniversary cruise! :)

4 comments:

  1. Like you, I never saw myself "submitting" to ANY man, but the truth is, submission to David is an honor; he honors me, loving me as Scott does you, as Christ loves HIS bride, the Church. People often overlook the fact that, when both people are LOVING in the way we're supposed to be, there IS submission to each other, putting the other person's needs ahead of our own. This way of living is certainly contrary to what the world teaches us, and it's difficult at times, but the beauty by far outweighs any pride-swallowing. The Lord blesses us when we live in TOTAL surrender to Him and His Word! People who do not live this are missing out on true intimacy that really does grow incredibly over time, unity not just in the physical, but more importantly, in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel exactly the same way about Mike! I never thought I'd find someone with such amazing faith until I met him.

    You two are adorable together, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri--you are SO right! I feel so blessed to have that type of marriage. People who aren't in that type of relationship with God and each other don't understand it when I try to explain that our joy comes from the Lord. I just pray that my lost family and friends are one day saved so they can rejoice in the love and grace of God along with us! :)

    Alana--Thanks so much! I realized that almost ALL these pictures were exactly the same...our faces, arms-outstretched camera angle... haha! I'm glad you and your soon to be husband will have a marriage centered in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, do I feel really lucky as a mom to have someone that loves my son the way I always wanted and dreamed that he would be loved! He truly is a very special man.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...