Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 5: Favorite Memory

Photo Challenge Day 4: Favorite Memory

Well, again, it's hard to pick a favorite. So, I picked two!

June 2009

July 2007

So, the first one is me and my husband on our honeymoon in Aruba. I know my wedding day is supposed to be the happiest day of my life, but I gotta tell ya, the honeymoon is where it's at! 

It was amazing just having time to do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. 
With no one to consider but each other.
It was wonderful.
And Aruba is amazing! So beautiful and relaxing, yet fun and exciting at the same time.
One side of the island is tropical and beachy, 
and the other side is like a desert with lots of steep hills and cacti. 
Not to mention the awesome caves and other ruins we got to see.
So far no other vacation has compared to our honeymoon. :)

The second picture is (duh) London. 
I spent 5 weeks studying abroad in London back in 2007. 
Those were some of the most incredible weeks of my life.
I had never been outside the states (or to many of the states!)
and London was a whole new experience. 
The sad thing is, as more time goes by, I feel more and more disconnected from that time.
I still remember the things that I saw, and I remember the events themselves.
But I can't really remember how it felt to be there. 
I don't remember the smells or the sounds. 
All the time it starts feeling more and more like a dream or a book I read and not something that actually happened to me. It's really sad and kind of scary. I really don't want to let those memories go.

So, that it is! Two of my favorite memories. You'll notice they both involve travel....hmmm.... Don't get me wrong, I love living in South Georgia. But it drives me crazy that there's a vast and intriguing world out there that I am so far away from. I wish I could spend a year or two just traveling around the world with no other worries or obligations. Buuut...I don't have any money. So, yeah. 

I am looking forward to our 2 year anniversary vacation to Disney World, though! No, it's not really traveling since we go to Orlando all the time, but neither of us have been to Disney World since we were much younger and we're super excited to get to act like kids again! Plus, Epcot has all those country-lands, so it'll be like traveling...right? :)

What are some of your favorite memories?

~Christy



5 comments:

  1. I want to go back!!! Good times:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh helloooo!!! Amazing pictures! You're so lucky you've been able to travel to these amazing places! I'd love to live abroad for a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Scott--No kidding! Me too!!
    @Courtney--Hiii!! :) I should try to remember how lucky I am to have gone to these awesome places! I tend to focus on the negative fact that I don't get to travel even more! But you're right. I am lucky. And those were some great times! I would love to live abroad for a few months, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful pics!! And aruba sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lippylash! Aruba IS amazing! VERY windy, though! :) If you ever go, pack lots of clips and hair ties! I ended up having to buy both.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...