Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 8--Funny Picture

Day 8 is a picture that makes me laugh.


Okay, Okay. This may not scream hilarity to you all, but let me explain the story behind the picture.
This is in Hyde Park in London.
This tree that we are under is really awesome.
The branches form a huge canopy and they bend all the way to ground so you can actually go
INSIDE the tree...so to speak.
We wanted to get a picture of us under there, so we asked a man who was standing nearby to take one.
Well, it was already an awkward choice because this guy was acting kinda like a creeper.
He was watching us and smiling at us...and not in a way that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
But he was the only guy under there.
I think.
Or maybe we just had a lapse in judgment.
Moving on!
So, the guy takes the picture.
I guess we look awkward in it just because he was already acting weird.
BUT then it gets really good.
He says, "One for me?"
My thought: he wants us to take a picture of him with his camera.
Sure, we say.
He proceeds to take out his phone and snap a picture of US!
All three of us were like...OH! No, no!!
I briskly walked up and retrieved my camera and we escaped from under the tree.
And ran away.
The end.
(Wish I had HIS copy of the picture. I bet we look even more horrified!)

So...the picture isn't that funny, but it reminds me of that story and how hilarious it was.
After it was over. Of course.

Oh, snap! I just thought of another great London picture!! Well, since I haven't been sticking with one picture per post anyway, I might as well share that one, too!



We came across this guy on Dover Beach.
First thoughts?
It's weird that he's wearing black trouser socks on the beach.
Second thought?
Aren't all these rocks hurting bare back?
Third thought?
Nice red outfit (pants and jacket).

Then it got REALLY good!
This guy got up out of no where.
And then THREW his clothes into the water!!
Seriously.
He threw in his red jacket and pants.
Maybe he sensed the disapproval I was sending his way for the little red outfit.
I was freaking out.
What is he doing?? WHY??
No one else in my group seemed to care!
In fact, my friend Erin (now sister-in-law) said, "Relax! Maybe he's hot!"
Umm...hot people don't throw their clothes into the ocean and watch them drift off towards France.
But that is what this guy did.
And I watched him afterwards.
He did not retrieve them.
He walked away.
And his clothes floated to France.
Crazy.

So, those are my pictures that make me laugh! It's really more the stories behind them than the pictures themselves. But that's okay. You love my stories. I know it.

Until next time,
~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...