Friday, May 27, 2011

Brother

Well, everyone, we finally made it! The last day of the 30 day photo challenge! I only skipped a couple days which I think is pretty good. I'm glad I did the challenge because it gave me an opportunity to share some memories that I otherwise wouldn't have though to. But I admit I grew weary of the challenge about 10 days ago, and I'm excited that it's over! Now I can go back to the freedom of blogging about whatever the heck I want! Man, I didn't realize how good I had it! haha!

Today's challenge is a photo of someone you miss. The easier question would be who do I NOT miss? I don't live near most of my friends and family, so I miss a lot of people. But I'm going to go with my brother Brett. We were super close growing up. He is 5 years younger than me, but we usually got along pretty well--when I wasn't trying to get him out of my room when I had friends over! We were like best friends. Now...I don't see him very often and we don't talk nearly as much. We still have the same dynamic as soon as we get together, but I miss seeing him all the time. We have a very similar sense of humor, but beyond that we have very little in common. Now that we're both adults (I guess 20 years old is adult...), we don't have much that draws us together. I definitely miss that closeness that we used to have. I hope one day we're more on the same page again and get to see each other more often. He recently moved down to Florida and is only about 20 minutes away from my mom's house. This means I can see him whenever I visit her. For the longest time I had to visit each of my family members separately. Now I can FINALLY start combining some visits! Anyway, on to the pictures!

At my wedding.
Brett dubbed this move
"The Cowboy"

Yeah...he's really silly.
This was Christmas 2010

After my bridal shower...

And it got sillier!

After my college graduation
May 2008

Hanging out at my dad's
Like my hat?
We call it "The Party Hat"
Only to be worn when partying is taking place.

This was my senior year of high school...back in the day.
These were the days when we were super close.

New Years 2009

Christmas 2008
He's ALWAYS on his cell phone!

At my rehearsal dinner with my sister.
No, it was not a fancy rehearsal dinner.
In fact, it was a cookout and pool party!
Well, there ya have it! Day 30!

Aaaand....today is my last day of work before my vacation! Tonight we head to Orlando to spend the weekend with my sister-in-law. Then Monday morning it's straight to Animal Kingdom for our first day of Disney World!

That's the landmark for Animal Kingdom.
The big tree.
Okay...I don't know what it's REALLY called.

Have a GREAT 3-day weekend! I may schedule some posts between now and June 5th when I'm back in town...or maybe not! Either way, I wish you all the best! :)

~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...